- Founder & Managing Partner
Favad Bajaria, founder of the Bajaria Law Firm PC, counsels small and medium-sized businesses in litigation, corporate, tax, and transactional matters. Unlike traditional large law firms, he focuses on designing his practice to cater to the needs of small and medium-sized business and professionals. He has a broad range of clients in the hospitality, real estate, medical, information technology, wholesale, software, and technology fields. He serves as chief outside legal counsel for several companies, real estate ventures, and start-ups. To the extent Bajaria Law is not able to handle matters for its clients, Favad helps his clients manage and supervise other lawyers to ensure his clients are well represented.
Prior to forming Bajaria Law at the behest of his clients, Favad was an associate at a large national law firm based in San Francisco primarily representing large Fortune 500 corporations and start-ups. Favad founded Bajaria Law to deliver similar high-quality legal services to small and medium-sized businesses, but with an increased emphasis on human contact, responsiveness, and adaptability to the needs of each client. His legal strategies and counseling directly take into account the budget realities small and medium-sized businesses face.
Due to the small and nimble nature of Bajaria Law, Favad can develop billing and legal services tailored to fit the unique needs of his clients. He has developed flat-fee and alternative billing arrangements that work better for some of his clients. He understands his clients are often frustrated by unreasonable billing approaches offered by other law firms. Therefore, he takes into account each client’s unique needs and business realities to tailor efficient legal services.
Favad received his law degree from Baylor Law School where he graduated in the top 10% of his class and graded onto the Baylor Law Review. As a result of his academic performance in law school, he was the recipient of the Frances B. McCall Academic Scholarship. He was also a member of the Order of the Barristers due to his performance in moot court, and received awards for his brief-writing skills. While in law school, Favad worked for Federal Judge Walter S. Smith, Jr., and clerked for the prestigious Solicitor General’s office with the Texas Attorney General.
Favad attended the University of Texas at Austin for his undergraduate studies where he graduated with dual-degrees with honors. While at UT, he was very involved with Student Government, Muslim Student Association, Indian Student Association, Leadership Council, and occasionally wrote articles for the Daily Texan. During his time at UT, Favad spent a summer working for a congressman from North Texas in Washington, D.C., as a legislative intern.
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: Leighton B. Dawson Award for Best Appellate Brief
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Frances B. McCall Scholarship Recipient
- Honors: Best Appellate Brief
- Honors: Top Speaker in Moot Court
- The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: with Honors
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Licensed to practice in the Northern District of Texas
- Outlaw Lab., LP v. Shenoor Enter., Inc., 371 F. Supp. 3d 355, 2019
- Texas. Zahraei v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00844-CV, 2019
- AZS Holding Co. LLC v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00845-CV, 2018
- Defended group of franchisees in lengthy trial involving leases and franchise agreements for 11 locations against publicly traded franchisor and achieved a verdict favorable to franchisees.
- Lead counsel securing dismissal for gas station and convenient stair chain on Rule 12(b)(6) grounds successfully arguing that claims for manufacturer related liability under the Lanham Act do not apply to a retailer in the Northern District of Texas. Outlaw Lab., LP v. Shenoor Enter., Inc., 371 F. Supp. 3d 355 (N.D. Tex. 2019).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained a favorable appellate ruling in the Texas Supreme Court and Fort Worth Court of Appeals affirming the 236th District Court in Tarrant County’s decision denying a Rule 91a motion to dismiss in client’s favor. In re SouthGate Constructors, No. 02-21-00103-CV, 2021 WL 1503474 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth Apr. 16, 2021, no pet.).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained favorable ruling from the Dallas Court of Appeals affirming trial court’s decision to deny special appearance due to defendants’ contacts with Texas. Zahraei v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00844-CV, 2019 WL 1986628 (Tex. App.—Dallas May 6, 2019, no pet.).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained favorable ruling from the Dallas Court of Appeals defending a trial court’s decision denying a motion for new trial on technical procedural grounds. AZS Holding Co. LLC v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00845-CV, 2018 WL 5278730 (Tex. App.—Dallas Oct. 24, 2018, no pet.).
- Represent group of defrauded investors in a North Dallas real estate investment fund that raised over $10 million dollars against prominent real estate developer involving claims under the Texas Securities Act as well as common law fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty claims in District Court in Dallas County.
- Part of litigation team successfully representing settlement in arbitration proceeding for a holding company serving as a partner in a real estate development entity building a townhome project in Plano, Texas.
- Lead counsel in case against major gas station equipment installer for claims related to construction defect, negligence, and fraud in Tarrant County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for business owner suing former business partner, a wealthy Iranian national, for equitable claims and fraudulent transfer in Collin County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for gas station operator against a prominent fuel and energy supplier for various damage to gas station premises in Henderson County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for hotel owner against former law firm for legal malpractice claims in Navarro County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for auto lube business against contractor for construction defect related claims in Tarrant County., Lead counsel in obtaining dismissal of all claims in premises liability case against a chain of auto lube businesses in Dallas County.
- Lead counsel in gas station and real estate partnership dispute involving various projects, loans, and construction matters in Gregg County.
- Represent Dallas Area Rapid Transit Agency in various day-to-day real estate and title matters involving the Cotton Belt light rail line expansion, construction, acquisition, development, eminent domain related matters, and easement infrastructure.
- Represented seller of approximately fifty auto lube chain businesses to private equity fund in multi-million-dollar asset transaction with lease backs to the seller.
- Represented landlord in extensive ground lease negotiations involving McDonalds Corporation.
- Represented landlord in extensive ground lease negotiations involving Discount Tire.
- Represent major private equity group in managing a portfolio of over 60 auto lube repair and car wash buildings and businesses, including lease, evictions, asset sales, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, refinancing, and various day-to-day transactional and litigation matters.
- Represents major lenders, including two of the largest SBA lenders in the country, in hundreds of commercial real estate loan transactions.
- Represented new developer in Brownsville, Texas to start new projects close to SpaceX and the Port of Brownsville including researching site development, government relations, meeting Brownsville city officials, acquisition, financing, formation of entities, syndication, and compliance.
- Represent commercial developer in various projects in the Mercer Crossing Project near Valley Ranch, TX involving acquisition, site development, title, re-platting, finance, incorporation, and leasing.
- Represent commercial developer in Providence Village, TX in acquisition, financing, sale of parcels of land to various buyers, construction, and disposition.
- Represent residential developer in Frisco luxury residential development in various matters including construction, drafting various agreements, financing, litigation, site development, and day-to-day legal matters.
Classes & Seminars
- Looper Reed & McGraw, P.C., Associate
- Honorable Chief Judge Walter S. Smith, Jr., United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Haynes & Boone, Summer Clerk
- Gray Reed & McGraw
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Dallas Bar Association