- Senior Counsel
- Trial and Litigation
Amanda L. Schwartz was born and raised in Bossier City, Louisiana. She graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 2001. She then moved to Dallas where she graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University in 2005. Since graduating law school, Amanda has practiced exclusively in personal injury litigation. She practices primarily in the areas of medical malpractice, construction site injuries, and vehicular collisions. She is a member of the American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Texas Trial Lawyer's Association, Dallas Bar Association, Dallas Trial Lawyer's Association, Order of the Coif, and Higginbotham Inn of Courts (2006-2007).
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Top 10%
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2019
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- Higginbotham Inn of Courts, Member, 2006 to 2007
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Obtained verdict of over 10.5 million representing the family of the deceased victim in a jury trial involving Dram Shop laws.
- Represented subcontractor in the construction of the express lanes on the Interstate 635 Lyndon B. Johnson expansion project against allegations from homeowners of damage to hundreds of homes along the corridor.
- Defended group of franchisees in lengthy trial involving leases and franchise agreements for 11 locations against publicly traded franchisor and achieved a verdict favorable to franchisees.
- Won an appeal in the Supreme Court of Oklahoma related to a discovery dispute
- Member of litigation team in case in which the team obtained a favorable appellate ruling in the Texas Supreme Court and Fort Worth Court of Appeals affirming the 236th District Court in Tarrant County’s decision denying a Rule 91a motion to dismiss in client’s favor. In re SouthGate Constructors, No. 02-21-00103-CV, 2021 WL 1503474 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth Apr. 16, 2021, no pet.).
- Represent group of defrauded investors in a North Dallas real estate investment fund that raised over $10 million dollars against prominent real estate developer involving claims under the Texas Securities Act as well as common law fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and other claims in District Court in Dallas County.
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor of a property management company alleged to have been responsible for a contractor's injury.
- Successfully challenged a motion for over three hundred thousand in attorney fees sought by prevailing party in a franchise case and had it reduced to less than fifty thousand dollars.
- Obtained full dismissal of claims after the deposition of an opposing party in a negligence case.
- Obtained favorable settlement in case against the manufacturer of a trailer for injuries related to an explosion.
- Member of litigation team representing defendants in a case involving a floor collapse at a fast-food restaurant.
- Defended subcontractors in construction defects claims related to the construction of a school in Maypearl, Texas.
- Obtained successful verdict against valet car service for damages.
- Obtained favorable verdict in case involving fraud in real estate in Denton County.
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator