- Senior Counsel
- General Litigation Matters
Obair Qudsi holds a bachelor's degree from Boston College in management, with concentrations in finance and economics. He completed his J.D. and M.B.A from the University of Iowa in January 2013. Obair Qudsi concentrates his practice on securities, business acquisitions and sales, landlord-tenant matters, general corporate and business law matters, and business and commercial litigation.
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. - 2013
- Boston College
- Bachelor's Degree in Management
- Major: Finance and Economics
- University of Iowa
- M.B.A - 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Represented client in the formation of multiple investment funds for investment in residential real estate projects, including drafting the fund entity operating agreement, private placement memorandum (PPM), and subscription documents, as well as completing Form D notice filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and state notice securities filings with state securities regulators.
- Represented purchasers and sellers with purchases/sales of businesses including, as an example, representing a purchaser in the purchase of a metalworking factory.
- Structured, and drafted agreement for, a joint venture between two telecommunications companies that complete work on cell phone towers/equipment.
- Drafted employment agreement, independent contractor agreement, and management services agreement for an online education firm.
- Drafted and reviewed contracts for client for purchase and sale of commercial real estate.
- Representing clients with regards to claims against a real estate developer under the Texas Securities Act and the federal Securities and Exchange Act.
- Represented client in a dispute with his business partner in an accounting and insurance brokerage services firm.
- Represented one side in a power struggle over control of the executive management committee of a DFW-area non-profit organization.